Purina® Animax Senior Horse Pelleted
A pelleted feed specially formulated to address the unique nutritional demands of senior horses, Animax® Senior Pelleted Horse Feed supplies the essential nutrients needed for health, soundness and longevity. It is formulated by professional equine nutritionists to have balanced energy, protein, vitamins and minerals necessary to provide the essential nutrients your horse needs for strong condition, coat quality, hoof integrity and overall fitness. And it is a complete feed (has sufficient roughage built in) to help alleviate the difficulties some older horses have with chewing or digesting forages. Animax® Senior Pelleted Horse Feed is made with high-quality ingredients and is monitored through every phase of the production cycle for guaranteed quality assurance.
EVERY BAG OF ANIMAX® SENIOR PELLETED HORSE FEED PROVIDES:
• Complete Nutrition (Sufficient Roughage Built In)
• Consistently Fresh, Highly Palatable Ingredients
• Key Vitamins and Minerals that Support Overall Health
• Quality Protein to Help Support Muscle Maintenance and Health
• Added Fat for Sustainable Energy
• A Nutritionally Balanced Diet for Health and Performance
|COPPER (CU)|| MIN||40.00||PPM|
|SELENIUM (SE)|| MIN||0.30||PPM|
FOR BEST FEEDING RESULTS:
• Feed at regular times. Do not feed more than 0.5 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight in one serving. Divide total daily feeding into at least two servings with three daily servings preferred. Be sure to weigh your feed using a scale. A small hand-held scale can be purchased in the fishing department of many sporting goods stores.
• Feed in a natural position from troughs placed at normal head height or lower. Do NOT feed free-choice (all the horse wants).
• Reduce and /or delay feeding a horse that is hot, excited or showing pain, fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise. Prevent rapid eating.
• Feed Purina® Animax® horse feeds with appropriate forage (hay or pasture). Animax® complete feeds such as Purina® Animax® Senior are designed to replace all or most of the hay or pasture in the horse’s diet. For all other Purina® Animax® horse feeds, always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or pasture. Inadequate amounts of forage or poor quality hay may contribute to colic and other digestive disturbances.
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times, except immediately after intense physical exercise.
• Provide your horse with access to salt.
• Maintain a regular deworming program, have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
If changing to Purina® Animax® horse feed:
• Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
• Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
• Always follow label directions.
• Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects.
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death.
• Please consult the tag sewn onto this bag for complete feeding instructions.